Friday, February 22, 2008

Climb into the hand of God

Will you climb into His hand today and trust Him. God longs to hold you safely in His hands. There you will find rest for yourself. I was listening to a sermon last night and he was saying that if you are not resting you are not trusting. I was thinking about that and just how true of a statement that is.

I of course had to learn that the hard way. Like so many of us if we would of only trusted God to begin with we could of saved ourselves so much heart-ache and pain. Not to mention sickness that would come into our bodies because of worry and stress and not trusting God to take care of things. Part of entering into God's rest is receiving the Kingdom of God into our lives. Which by the way God longs to give His children the Kingdom. Do not be seized with alarm and struck with fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom! (Lk. 10:32 Amp.) Don't confuse the Kingdom of Heaven with the Kingdom of God. The Kingdom of God is here and now and within us. Jesus says that the Kingdom of God is within you (Lk. 17:21). The Kingdom of God is not meat or drink but it is Peace, Joy and righteousness in the Holy Ghost (Rom. 14:17)

The goal of the enemy is to rob you of the Kingdom of God. If He can rob you of your Peace, Joy or Righteousness which comes to us by the Power of the Holy Spirit in us than he can rob us of the Kingdom of God. Without the Kingdom of God ( the power of the Holy Spirit ) at work in us we can accomplish nothing for the glory of God and for the advancing of His Kingdom.

The Disciples went forth proclaiming that the Kingdom of God is at hand and they healed the sick and cast out demons and brought freedom, peace, joy and righteousness in the Holy Ghost every where that they went. We are to do the very same thing. It didn't end with the disciples it began with them.

When I look back at the times that I just couldn't rest in the care of God's hands and was worrying about everything I didn't realize it at the time but I was telling God with my actions that He couldn't be trusted. How ashamed I was at myself when I got that revelation from the Spirit God. After all that Jesus had done for me in showing His love for me, here I was neglecting to thank Him for His faithfulness and trust Him for today. I was allowing the enemy to rob me of my peace and joy and thus I was allowing him to rob me of the Kingdom of God.
The enemy had me right where he wanted me. I was destroying myself and doing no good for anybody else either. What a lousy witness I was to others.

But I praise God for answers to my prayers. I said, "Lord I desire your peace and joy once again in my life." How do I attain it? He just simply and lovingly said: "Begin trusting me once again. Climb back into my hands and allow me to take care of everything." How relieved I was to find that place of peace once again in the hands of my Lord. There is no better place to be than in the safety of God's hands. Jesus said: "My father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand" (Jn. 10:29). No man can pluck us out of the hands of God. But we can choose to climb out of His hands or climb in. I don't know about you, but in His hands is where I belong and where I want to stay.

No comments:

Light breaking forth!

Have you ever been studying God's Word and suddenly there is a quickening in your spirit and you have understanding that gives you deepe...