Thursday, December 18, 2008

Know who you are

Here's a little story I'd like to share with you.
There was once a farmer, who one day was out hunting in the mountains near his home. He came across a lost eaglet. He tried to find the eaglet's nest but to no avail. So the farmer took the eaglet and put him in his knapsack and headed for home. The farmer had never had anything to do with eagles before, so he figured he would put the bird in the barnyard with the chickens. The eaglet grew into a majestic bird of a golden brown color. All day long the eagle would walk around the barnyard scratching and pecking at the ground, eating what ever he could find. He would strut and act just like a chicken. He even tried to cluck, not very well mind you, but he tried just the same, never knowing that he was supposed to be the mightiest bird on earth. This went on for years. The eagle came to full maturity, with his beautiful plumage and golden beak. Still he in all points was a chicken. One day the eagle heard shrieks. He looked around the barnyard and saw nothing out of order, so he continued his habit of scratch and peck. He heard the shriek again, looking up he saw the most beautiful bird he had ever seen. The bird was an eagle just like him. The eagle soared over head crying out to the eagle in the barnyard. The younger eagle in his excitement began to flap his wings. Just then a wind kicked up and caught him under his wings and lifted him off the ground. He had never soared or even flown for that matter. So up he went 6 feet then 12 feet then 24. Suddenly he was soaring next to the older eagle. The eagle looked down and thought to himself; all those years of not being who I was created to be. With one last look and cry, he soared even higher till the farmer could no longer see the eagle that was once a chicken. You see, if the eagle would not have lifted up his eyes, he would have stayed an eagle living a chicken's life. You see... For too long the enemy (satan) has had so many believing that they are a chicken when God the Father is saying "You are an eagle, so soar heavenward." The enemy will say: "You're not good enough, how can you be an eagle? Your no eagle. Hear what the scriptures say; Isaiah 40:31 "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint."It is by His grace, mercy and love that He has made us eagles in His kingdom. Be not afraid of the enemy he has no authority over you. 1 John 4:4 says; "He that is in you is greater than he that is in the world."The Lord is calling today, do you hear Him? He is saying;"Come up and soar, soar, soar with me, for this is who I created you to be." Soaring high as the Eagle gives you a greater view of things, it takes you high above all the chaos, noise and confusion. Lift up your eyes says the Lord and come up hither for I will comfort you and give you peace. Despite all that is going on in the world it's good to know that come what may God gives us His peace. His peace can meet you in the middle of the storm and cause you to soar above the storm clouds of life. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled neither let it be afraid. Come up and soar with me and see what I see says the Lord. I am with you always I will never leave you or forsake you, I will be with you until the very end!
This was a post that my husband and I wrote together back in Dec. of 2008, and I thought it was a good time to post it again.

20 comments:

nitewrit said...

Tamela,

That will be on my resolution for the new year, to not be content with what I have been, but to be more what I should be.

It was good to see a new post. I have been thinking of you and what happened, praying all was well. I did ask on a prayer list of a friend for prayer for you and your family, especially for your daughter's ease of mind. I hope you don't mind.

Larry E.

Anonymous said...

That is Beautiful. How many times we forget to soar! I know I do at times, but yes, thank God for His streangth, it is new every morining, and helps us to become all God wants us to. I know that Devil is sneaky, he can really mess with my head some days, but as I grow, I am getting better with tellig him to take a hike as soon as I start to feel yucky about myself. Hope you can come by and check out the new blog, I added you to the blog roll. God Bless, Robin

IJ Hanna Lucky said...

AMEN AND AMEN

GODBLESS

nutuba said...

Tamela, this is so encouraging! Thank you for posting this!

jeleasure said...

Hi Tamela,
I know a lot of people in church who hear the call. They look up and go back to their routine, again and again. I only know one who made a true transformation for the Lord. And, it was shocking to see the changes after years of knowing him to be someone else.
Thanks for the story.
Jim

Farrah said...

Amen! A good story with a good lesson!

Gigi said...

Nice post Tamela! If we keep our eyes on Jesus we should be better at soaring like eagles!

Gi said...

Just a reminder to pick up your Christian Writers Award from gi-christianarticles.blogspot.com

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

'You see, if the eagle would not have lifted up his eyes, he would have stayed an eagle living a chicken's life.
You see... For too long the enemy (satan) has had so many believing that they are a chicken when God the Father is saying "You are an eagle, so soar heavenward." The enemy will say: "You're not good enough, how can you be an eagle? Your no eagle.
Hear what the scriptures say; Isaiah 40:31 "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint."'

Tamela, may we have the strength from God to live as we should boldly for God, and not boldly for self.

I hope and pray for blessings for you at this holiday time, even as life is often tough.

Russ:)

Lori Laws said...

Beautiful story Tamela! Yes, we learn how to soar like an eagle when we truly become and know that we are a child of Almighty God! God bless!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for comming by the new blog. I am soooo sorry to hear that your house got broken into. It happened to my brother last year too. I will be praying for God to restore you guys as you pick up the pieces and trust in Jesus for help and understanding.

Aj Sims said...

What a great and inspiring story Tammy ! Loved it :)

Aj

Anonymous said...

I love your story! You are so right, satan wants to keeps us from seeing who we truly are in Jesus and what we can be. I struggle with this all the time. But we are more than conquerors in Jesus.

I heard what happened to you on girlforGod's blog. I'm sorry. May God bless you and keep you and your family safe.

Love in Christ, Jenny

Anonymous said...

Hi Tamela! Sorry I haven't been on your blog for awhile. As I can see, you are still writing for the glory of God! Praise the Lord and praise Him for you my friend. Beautiful words! Simply beautiful! Love you and blessings!

Vicki said...

Jesus taught with stories. We remember them. Thanks for your story, Tamela. We humans are good at looking at the ground, earthly reasoning, instead of looking upward to God for our answers and for our self worth.
Blessings,
Vicki

Tikno said...

A good story to be musing.
Merry Christmas to you and family, also to everyone here.

jeleasure said...

T.
I just thought I should tell you, Patty Hickman from Words To Go added you to her blog list.
I've been trying to encourage her to visit other bloggers as it is good for her rep as an author with a blog.

Gigi said...

Tamela ~ I just stopped by to wish you and yours a most blessed Christmas. May love, good health, peace and much happiness be yours in 2009.

Vicki said...

Merry Christmas, Tamela.
Vicki

Anonymous said...

Greetings Tamela,

It is my hope that you and your family had a great time together in celebrating the fact of God becoming human and living with us!

This story is an excellent reminder of who we are in Christ. Many Christians follow the religious crowd and barely survive. As a follower of Christ, I have the Creating God living in me. All too often it is easy to regress and live as common religious people rather than living as Christ with its privileges and responisibilities.

I trust that as you follow God in 2009, you will soar to new heights.

Joyfully Serivng,

Kermit

Light breaking forth!

Have you ever been studying God's Word and suddenly there is a quickening in your spirit and you have understanding that gives you deepe...