Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Be a Living Praise

Are you alive with the praises of God? If you are, you will understand when I say, praise has a way of lifting our load and making our steps lighter. Praise is life and energy. It sets our eyes on our Creator and removes them from our worldly situations that would normally hold us down. A person of praise is someone who is not hindered by everyday circumstances. Yes, things may be tough but they are determined to praise the Lord through it all. They have gotten a hold of the revelation that praise will break the chains that tries to keep them bound. They know that when they begin to lift their hands and open wide their mouth to praise the Lord that He will hear and come to them.
Freedom is just a praise away

And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed. (Acts 16:25-26 K.J.V).

Did you catch that? Paul and Silas were praying and singing praises loud enough for the other prisoners to hear. I don't know about you, but that tells me that God moves when He hears a loud praise. Bands are loosed and prisoners are set free. Selah (think on that).

Let the heavens and the earth praise him, the seas and every thing that moveth therein. (Ps. 69:34 K.J.V).

How good it is to sing praises to our God! How delightful and how right!
(Ps. 147:1 N.L.T.).

When we praise our God there is a place deep within our souls that will spring forth like gushers of living water. What was once dry and barren is made alive again.

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (Jn. 7:38 K.J.V).

So if you are alive with praise than you are truly full of life. When we praise Him our spirits are lifted and our heart will feel as though it is going to burst with great joy. In that moment of praise God will pour down upon us His great love and all that His Holy Spirit has to give.

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God. (Eph. 3:19 K.J.V).

Be alive with praises unto the Lord and be filled to overflowing with His great love, there will be no regrets. Here is a praise poem that I wrote many years ago and the words of this poem still means as much to me today as they did when I wrote it.

Alive with praise
I dance, I shout, I give praise to the King
I leap, I spin, oh the joy He brings
The birds sing a song and the Angels join in
All creation will worship the Beginning and the End
The musicians take wing as they soar to the sky
With songs from their hearts to praise the Most High
Oh the joy that He brings to me His child
It's a river that flows, my heart goes wild
I leap, I spin, I jump up and run around
I can't get enough; I don't want to sit down
It's joy that overflows, it's abundant, it's great
He's my Lord and my King I can't help but celebrate
I'll dance before Him; I'll give thanks and sing a song
I'll praise His holy Name all the day long
I can't be quiet and I won't sit down
I can't help but express the joy I have found
This joy I've found it's in Jesus my King
He's joy unspeakable He's my EVERYTHING!

No comments:

Light breaking forth!

Have you ever been studying God's Word and suddenly there is a quickening in your spirit and you have understanding that gives you deepe...