Monday, December 17, 2007





I AM THAT I AM

These words spoken to Moses in Exodus 3:14 have had a very dramatic effect on the children of Israel and followers of Jesus all through history. "I AM THAT I AM" What exactly does that mean to you and I. And how can we apply this to ours lives in this day and time of history.

First of all we acknowledge, that in the beginning was the Word and the Word spoke "LET THERE BE". We are speaking of a all encompassing God. For by Him all things were made. This is exciting because there is a Father God who created everything for us. Out of the infinite love that He has for us, He created. In Him is all truth and understanding of the universe. He knows how every atom, molecule, and quark is supposed to act, because He made them. For example, suppose I created a new automobile that runs on sand. You would probably scratch your head and say how can this be, but I, as the inventor will have the understanding of the process to turn sand into a energy source. Likewise because God created all things He also has all understanding of His creation. So the Father says "I am that I am."

What does this mean to you and I? Did you notice the diamond at the top of the page and how it radiates the beautiful prism of colors in all directions and the many cut facets of the stone? Well, this is a picture of the awesomeness of God the Father when He says;

I AM THAT I AM.


Each facet is a picture of who He is. Psalm 103:2-5 says Bless the Lord oh my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgiveth all your iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth your life from destruction; who crowneth thee with loving kindness and tender mercies; Who satisfies thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

God the Father is not a respecter of men. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. What He says He will do for one, He will do for all, if you believe by faith that He is who He says He is. So he forgives those who ask for forgiveness. He heals those who ask for healing. Are you troubled in your mind with worry, stress, and the cares of this world. He has deliverance for those who ask for it.

Jesus said, in Mat 11:28-30 "Come unto me all you that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly of heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Can you see another facet of the Lord? He wants us to have rest. He wants to teach us to have a fulfilling life in Him. So far we have seen just 7 facets: creative, saving, delivering, healing, loving, teaching, burden lifter. Here are some more: He is a Provider to the needy, a Shepherd to a straying lamb, a Feeder of the hungry, a Father to the fatherless, a Comforter to the comfortless. He brings joy into a sad situation, He gives happiness, He gives miracles to those who need a miracle. He is a Friend to the lonely. He will stay closer to you than a brother. He won't leave you or forsake you. He talks to you when there is silence. When you were condemned for your wrongs, He took your place and died for you.

So ultimately it all comes to this, our Father in Heaven is saying;
I AM whatever you need Me to be. He is a many faceted God. He has all the attributes that you or I will ever need in a loving caring Father. All we have to do is ask. Ask for Him to intervene in our lives. To take over to make the decisions of our future. Then you will begin to see the facets of a Father who would do all for His children. When the prodigal son came home the father didn't wait till he came to the gate. But when he was a great way off the father saw him coming, and had compassion and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him. Only time will unfold His greatness in our lives.
But this one thing we all can be sure of.


For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
                                                                                                          Joe Greenwell

No comments:

Light breaking forth!

Have you ever been studying God's Word and suddenly there is a quickening in your spirit and you have understanding that gives you deepe...