Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dare to Dream


 I have come to the conclusion that I will never find total comfort and security in this world. I mean I have always known that, but at times I still find myself striving to be comforted and secure while I am here. I have said this before and will say it again because it is straight out of the Word of God. " This world is not my home, I'm just a stranger in this land and I'm just passing through," I don't belong here and I know it. So why do I at times try to make it a comfortable/secure dwelling place for myself?

The Bible says that we are to be content in whatever state we are in. Even though life can be tough and bring a lot of discomfort as well as disappointments, I have concluded that the one who has the tenacity to remain content despite the circumstances is someone who has realized that this world is not their home and they are only a stranger passing through they are moving onward because they see the finish line, every now and again they will get a glimpse of their home which awaits them up ahead. They like others desire comfort and security as well, but they know it is not here but just ahead of them, thus they continue moving forward and homeward. Their eyes are fixed on the prize and they have set their face like a flint. Come what may, it doesn't matter to them for they know they will reach their true home one day and this is their mission and goal in life.

They have realized that this world is not meant for them to settle down in and get all comfy. You won't ever here them say: "aww.. this is the life, I have attained and it doesn't get any better than this. I got my nice house, food galore, all the luxuries of life, all the toys a person would ever want, now I am just going to settle in and relax and enjoy this world and all the stuff it has to offer." Nope.. you will never hear them say that, because they know that what this world has to offer is nothing compared to their eternal home. They will never settle and be limited to the meager livings and riches of this world. They know that what the world has offered is nothing in comparison to what God is offering them. God has called them to the higher things. He has dared them to dream and to dream bigger and for the greater blessing! And that is exactly what they intend to do for they know that "Eye has not seen and ear has not heard neither has it entered into the heart of man what God has prepared for them that love Him." They haven't seen the total picture yet but every now and again they get a glimpse!
This world is lacking greatly it is a deficient existence compared to our heavenly home that awaits us. I will not settle for second best and I hope you don't either. Don't be like the rich man in the Bible who said to himself in Luke 12:19-21: 19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. 20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? 21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

God is daring you to dream beyond this world and begin moving onward and forward, the journey might seem long but don't give up for you will reach your destination and the reward will be worth it!

24 comments:

nitewrit said...

Tamela,

"aww.. this is life i have attained it can't get any better than this, I got my nice house, food galore, all the luxuries of life, all the toys a person would ever want, now i am just going to settle in and relax and enjoy this world and all the stuff it has to offer."

This is probably why it is harder for a rich man to enter heaven than a camel to go through the eye of a needle. I know some people who have those things, not that they are rich, just comfortible, and the last thing on their minds are spiritual concerns.

I have a certain contentment in my life. It is not because I have no problems, but it is as you say, this isn't my world anymore. There is nothing in this world to be attained that ever brings satisfaction.

And the troubles I've seen remind me there are those who've seen far worse and live in much less coziness than I.

There are many nice things in this world, but if we have too many, we become enamored with them and we forget eventually it will end for us. Life here ends for everyone. Then we leave it all. How awful to not have built up treasures in Heaven and find we have lost that as well. What good to gain the world and lose our soul?

We ooh and ahh over the beauty of a sunset, think of how much awe we'll have in the presence of the Son.

Larry E.

Tamela's Place said...

Hey Larry,

How awful to not have built up treasures in Heaven and find we have lost that as well.

that would be awful, how sad that would be!

I hear your heart, As that song goes i can only imagine.. I imagine that being in the presence of the Lord is going to be the most spectacular beauty that our eyes will ever behold... I can only imagine :) But that is my focus and what i am looking forward to. If the the riches come my way while i am still in this earth i will remember that it is nothing to be compared to the riches that i have yet to behold for all eternity!

Warren Baldwin said...

Tamela,
You are right, we can never have total contentment in this life. Not all of our needs can be met here. Cheryl and I have ministered at 3 churches in 3 states over 27 years. We have special friends in all those places and would love to be close to them all - but that is impossible here. So we have this yearning. That will be satisfied "over there."

Have you heard the song, "This world is not my home I'm just a passin' through, my treasures are laid up, somewhere beyond the blue, the angels beckon me from heaven's open door, and I can't be at home in this world anymore." Your post made me think of this great song.

Glad to see you back posting. wb

Tamela's Place said...

Hello Warren,

Yes i have heard that song I was brought up in a baptist church and that was a song we would sing. Some of those old hymns are sure good aren't they they speak right to the heart.

God bless you Warren :)

Unknown said...

Great post Tamela!

I agree totally, and thank you for the comment on my blog post as well.

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

It is so hard to wait! :) I know eternity is MUCH longer than our life here, but right now all I know is my life here! And eternity seems like a LONG ways from now!

Sometimes I get so frustrated waiting, wanting more of God, wanting to be closer, to know Him more. And I know we can do some of that here on earth, but you're right. We will never really be completely satisfied till we get Home. So hard to wait!

Linda Dillow told about what she had learned from God about waiting. She saw a picture of a rocking chair, and when you rock forward, you are eagerly awaiting what you are expecting from God. When you rock back, you are resting in Him, doing BOTH at the same time!

Now if only I could do that! :) What a great post! Thanks! Love, Jenny

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

'i have concluded that the one who has the tenacity to remain content despite the circumstances is someone who has realized that this world is not their home and they are only a stranger passing through they are moving onward because they see the finish line, every now and again they will get a glimpse of their home which awaits them up ahead.'

The gospel and Biblical message promise the believer that this present realm is the precursor to an eventual perfected Kingdom of God. Therefore, those in Christ can be confident that circumstances will ultimately improve.

Cheers, Tamela.

Russ:)

kaye said...

You captured my thought exactly, Tammy. I too have looked beyond this earthly dimension and know that my dwelling place is only in Jesus Christ...we're just waiting for the time when all prophecies have been fulfilled and we go back to our original home, in eternity with God. Amen. He is our resting place, praise God!

Lori Laws said...

If we put our hope in this world; there is none. The rug can be pulled out from right under any one of us at any moment. The only sure thing we have here on Earth is our hope of heaven. Yes, we are foreigners here, and the Bible makes it clear that we cannot have one foot in the world and one with God. It's all or nothing.

Good reminder. We need that reminder every so often to help us persevere and win the race! Thanks! God bless you!

Warren Baldwin said...

Tamela,

I don't know if you get email updates when I make replies to your comments on my posts. But, I read the ones you have left recently. Thanks for the ongoing disucssion. wb

Just Be Real said...

Tammy, encouraging post....I appreciate you sharing. I want to dream BIG! Thank you! Blessings!

Tamela's Place said...

Hello Jenny,

that is a great analogy, i never thought about that. Yeah it is hard sometimes but if the waiting here was never hard than what would we have to look forward to. :)

I try to look at it that way and it helps :)

God bless you :)

Tamela's Place said...

Hello Chad,

thanks for visiting as well :)

hope you have a great memorial weekend!

God bless you

Tamela's Place said...

Hello Russ,

Amen to that my brother :)


God bless you!

Tamela's Place said...

Hello Kaye,

Thanks for visiting and commenting :). I do look forward to that time with all of my heart!

God bless you

Tamela's Place said...

Hello Lori,

Yes! we are victorious winners when in Christ Jesus.. Amen my sister.. Keep persevering!


God bless you

Tamela's Place said...

Hello JBR,

thankyou for visiting and commenting.. If you want to dream big then i know you can do it.. Because you can do all things through Christ Jesus who gives you the strength!


God bless you!

Anonymous said...

Hello my friend. I have an award for you!

Love you

Billy Coffey said...

I really enjoyed this, Tamela. I often think that I've come to that same conclusion, only to find that I haven't. This is one of those lessons I seem to have to learn over and over again. One day, I hope to finally get it right!

Connie Arnold said...

This is a beautiful post, Tamela! It's such a help when going through difficult times in life to remember that we are just passing through on the way to our home with God. Thanks for sharing this encouragement!
Connie

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Tamela,
I'm having a giveaway and I have a special award for you celebrating our sisterness at the bottom of my giveaway post. Please come over when you can okay!

Hugz Lorie

Jody said...

Hi Tamela,
Just stopping by to say hi, always love to hear from you. Have a great day.

Warren Baldwin said...

Just checking in to see if you had a new post ... wb

Dad said...

This is exactly what I needed to hear today. Thank you

Light breaking forth!

Have you ever been studying God's Word and suddenly there is a quickening in your spirit and you have understanding that gives you deepe...