Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Good Shepherd


His Sheep know His voice and He calls them by name. I have heard people say that if your not hearing the voice of the Lord calling your name then that must mean you are not His. I want you to be encouraged that the reason you might not be hearing Him right now might be because you have wandered a little too far and you are out of voice range. Be encouraged that God is with each of us every single day and every moment of the day. He lovingly leads and guides and shows us the paths we should take. We may veer off the path sometimes and find ourselves wandering in the darkness and feeling alone and afraid but do not be afraid my dear friend, for your good Shepherd is so very loving and merciful that when you call He will come and rescue you. And when He finds you, He will rejoice and lift you upon His shoulders and bring you back home.

I encourage you to stay close to Jesus my friend. Keep Him in your sight, don't get ahead of Him, but walk close by His side. He will always lead you beside the still waters and into the green pastures. When you stay close to Him you are free to frolic and play without fear. When you remain close to Jesus your heart will not be troubled for you will know His perfect peace that passes all understanding.
 

21 comments:

jeleasure said...

Happy New year, T.!

Tamela's Place said...

You too Jim.. God bless you:)

nitewrit said...

Tamela,

Happy New Year!

My desires for the New Year are what i will share in my next posting. I already have the title: "An Actively Replicating Repetitive Sequence that Serves no Known Function". There that ought to get the curiosity going. :)

Larry

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Happy New Year, Tamela.

'Do not be afraid my dear friend, for your good Shepherd is so very loving and merciful that when you call, He will come and rescue you. And when He finds you, He will rejoice and lift you upon His shoulders and bring you back home.'

We shall see how this works in a variety of ways in my life in 2010.

Russ:)

Lori Laws said...

"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, whose thoughts are fixed on you." Isaiah 26:3, my life verse

Happy New Year!

Tamela's Place said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tamela's Place said...

LOL! Larry.. sometimes those are the best posts :)

Thank you for the happy New year blessing. May you and your family experience a joyous new year as well

Tamela's Place said...

That's right Russ.. Just keep the joy.. I look forward to hearing about the day you come to live in the States close to your family :)

Tamela's Place said...

That's a great verse to live by Lori :)

Tikno said...

Hello Tamela,
Happy New Year. All the best for the next year.

Jody said...

I want to walk worthy of the Lord in everything I do, whether it is teaching Sunday School, washing dishes, or talking to a friend. I also want to be more intentional about making Christ known.

Tamela's Place said...

Hello Tikno,

Thank you for the new year blessing. Happy new year to you as well :)

God bless you

Tamela's Place said...

Thanks Jody,

I think of the verse that reads: in all that you do, do it as unto the Lord!

Amen you have a worthy desire:)

Greg said...

Always closer to Him. Doing blog posts really motivates me to get into His Word.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Tamela's Place said...

Thank you Anon,

It's a growing and learning process when it comes to the working of the Lord in someone's life.. I'm thankful for the Lord teaching me :)

Andrew Clarke said...

You're quite right, Tamela. I've been rescued by God from some desperate situations, even in a seemingly quiet life like the one I've led. What I feel bad about is how quickly I forget just what a relief it was when God came to my rescue. Your site is as good to visit as ever. Have a blessed New Year.

Tamela's Place said...

Thank you so much Andrew :) I understand what you mean about easily forgetting those times of rescue and what it was like. But our God is faithful still when we call. And may we not forget next time.

Have a very blessed new year Andrew :)

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

'That's right Russ.. Just keep the joy.. I look forward to hearing about the day you come to live in the States close to your family :)'

Yes, keep the joy, not just the Joy of Painting, but to keep the Lord as central in mind through prayer. Time will tell where I end up.:)

Gigi said...

Wishing you and yours a most blessed New Year, Tamela. I posted my heart's desire for 2010 here: http://gigi-inthethroneroom.blogspot.com/2010/01/day-by-day.html

Antônio Araújo said...

Amazing work. God bless you wonderfully!

Light breaking forth!

Have you ever been studying God's Word and suddenly there is a quickening in your spirit and you have understanding that gives you deepe...