Friday, February 4, 2011

The Cry of the Humble


The cry of the humble God will open His ear
It's a call for His mercy and He will draw near
The cry of the humble is a heart that overflows
With thanksgiving and praise for the love He bestows
He realizes his need for a Lord and a Savior
And for that God will pour out His unmerited favor
His heart is not proud rebellious or cold
Before God's throne he has come ever so bold
For this is great strength It's humility God sees
For it denies self and falls on its knees
The cry of the humble is true repentance
Death will not hold him it won't be his sentence
The Truth he does see God's Son he believes
For who the Son sets free is free indeed
"Go and sin no more" Jesus does say
"Draw from the wells of salvation Joy for this day"
Remove the veil from off of your face
Let God's splendor shine forth His glory embrace
The cry of the humble God will hear
For it is a heart that is crying "I long to draw near
To my God my Creator my Lord and my King
Jesus my Savior without Him I'm nothing"

4 comments:

Jody said...

Beautiful!

Tamela's Place said...

thank you Jody

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

I pray for humility and humbleness not primarily because it is so much the thing to do with God in order to act right, but mainly because I am humbled in comparison to God.

Tamela's Place said...

absolutely Russ...

Light breaking forth!

Have you ever been studying God's Word and suddenly there is a quickening in your spirit and you have understanding that gives you deepe...