Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Harder the Times the Closer He Gets!


The Harder the Times the Closer He Gets
James McDonald
Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them. For it was indeed fitting that we should have such a high priest, holy, innocent, unstained, separated from sinners, and exalted above the heavens. He has no need, like those high priests, to offer sacrifices daily, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he did this once for all when he offered up himself. - Hebrews 7:25-27When you're going through hardship, or when you're heavyhearted and burdened, God rolls up His sleeves and moves toward you like at no other time. When you are His child, He is with you in a way that is different from what an unbeliever experiences. The harder the days get, the closer He moves in.
Sometimes it feels like God backs away from you when you hit hard times, but that's not true. It doesn't matter if you see Him working. It doesn't matter if you feel any differently. It's the truth—God is right there with you.
Psalm 34:18 says, "The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit." Is your heart breaking today? God is rushing toward you. He stands with you in the fire.
Scripture assures us that Jesus Himself is praying for you. This minute. Hebrews 7:25 makes this amazing statement: "Consequently, [Jesus] is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them." Jesus lives to intercede for you. Amazing! Before you ever kneel down to pour out your heart to God, Jesus Christ has already called out to His Father on your behalf. Even before you ask, He knows from firsthand contact what you need—because He's with you.
I remember this quote from my college years: "If you could hear the Lord praying for you in the next room, you would not fear a thousand enemies."Right where you are this moment, think of the Lord Jesus as in the next room, on His knees in front of the couch or a chair. His nail-pierced hands are held out and He's lifting you and your need to His Father. He knows your exact situation. He's asking His Father to "Give her strength, Lord." "Give him wisdom, God." "Give them patience. They're going to wreck it on their own, Lord. Give them faith that will overcome their fear!"
It's an incredible assertion throughout Scripture that Jesus Christ is not only with you, He's actually interceding for you. With even more assurance, you can be certain that God listens when His Son is praying!

29 comments:

IJ Hanna Lucky said...

Beautiful Post love it. . . He is surely with us His Children

Godbless

wayfarerjon said...

This is good stuff. We are certainly heading into much much harder times but I believe - even though I may not always put it into practice - we can really rejoice. I get goosebumps as I type this.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is beautiful. I am going to write down those scriptures. As much as I surrender, I do tend to forget how close He is. Sometimes I even look up in prayer forgeting that he is probably holding me in his strong loving arms at that moement. You did a wonderful job writting this post. It really touched my heart. Thank you my sister in Jesus!!! Robin

Tamela's Place said...

Amen Hannah! He is indeed!

Tamela's Place said...

Wayfarerjon,

I will rejoice with you for I know that even in the hard-times Jesus is very close/even at the door!

Tamela's Place said...

Hello robin,

That was a devotional that i got in my e-mail by James Macdonald. He always brings a good Word that i feel i need to share at times!

Blessings :)

jeleasure said...

That is inspiring, T.
Thanks,
Jim

Gi said...

Great Post

With the knowledge that Jesus is interceding for us, we need not be anxious about anything

nitewrit said...

Tamela,

I want you to know, even though i haven't left a comment lately, I have been reading your posts as they happen.

I haven't been writing much lately because I have had this dry period. It happens every so often and it will pass. What i do is something else for a bit until my mind kind of clears. I have been research some family history lately as my get away. But I have started to get new ideas from my Bible reading and also listening or reading what others say about the Word and I expect to be doing a bunch of new post real soon.

I just hope those who have been reading me don't forget about me. I was glad to see your comment.

Larry E.

Greg said...

Amen, Tamela! I see scriptural intercession a little bit differently, but I agree with your main point that God's always there, looking out for us and supporting us. It gives me great comfort to know that whatever I am facing, He's had all eternity to plan for it, He knows the way, and He will guide me through. :)

Gigi said...

Thank you Tamela...what a timely post. Have a blessed week my friend!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Tamela. I needed to hear that today. Its true that He brings us closer when we are struggling. It is as if the harder things are, the more of Himself He gives to us. He is awesome! Bless you, Jenny.

Lori Laws said...

It IS incredible even how the Holy Spirit prays God's will for us when we don't know how to pray! It just blows me away when I think of all God is doing behind the scenes - But that's why "We walk by Faith and not by sight!" Great post!

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Hello Tamela,

I remember that photo from a few years ago.

'When you're going through hardship, or when you're heavyhearted and burdened, God rolls up His sleeves and moves toward you like at no other time. When you are His child, He is with you in a way that is different from what an unbeliever experiences. The harder the days get, the closer He moves in.'

I need to be close to God now as I finish up my PhD.

Russ:)

Tamela's Place said...

Jim,

Your welcome!

Tamela's Place said...

Amen Gi!

Tamela's Place said...

hey larry,

Looking forward to reading more of your posts. I won't forget you. You have been a inspiration to me!

Tamela's Place said...

Amen and amen Greg!

Tamela's Place said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tamela's Place said...

Hello gigi,

Hope you have a blessed week as well..

Love and prayers to you sister!

Tamela's Place said...

Hello Jenny,

I will have to admit that i don't particulary like those times of struggle but there does come a time when we stop the struggling and just surrender, i truly believe that is when God intervenes!

God bless you Jenny:)

Tamela's Place said...

Hello Lori,

Yeah! i think we will truly be shocked when we realize just how many times the Spirit stepped up on our be half!

Blessings to you Lori :)

Tamela's Place said...

Hello Russ,

The Lord is with you!

God bless you in all that you do!

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for your comment on my blog! I was looking at your blog and my 8 year old saw your picture of the birds making a smiley face, and she laughed! Just thought you'd like to know! :)

Farrah said...

What a neat picture! I've never seen this one!

Jesus truly is kind to us and an ever present help in time of need. I have found it so. :-)

Tamela's Place said...

Hello Farrah!

Yes He is indeed!

God bless you :)

Tamela's Place said...

Hello Jenny,

My daughter found that picture. She loves to find nature pictures and save them on our computer, so when i was looking for a picture I found that one, I thought it was pretty cool!

:)

Unknown said...

Wow....I just love that picture! That's truly amazing!
I found your blog through 'Seed Thoughts' I just love Tracy!

Anywho, I also really enjoyed reading all of your scriptures here. And I love this quote from your college years:
"If you could hear the Lord praying for you in the next room, you would not fear a thousand enemies."

That is awesome! Love it!
Be blessed
sarah cecilia

Tamela's Place said...

hello Sarah,

Thanks for commenting at Tamela's place. I can't take credit for this post though, it was written by James McDonald as stated at the beginning of the post. But thanks again for visiting. I will do the same and BTW i enjoy Tracy's blog as well :)

God bless you
Tamela

Light breaking forth!

Have you ever been studying God's Word and suddenly there is a quickening in your spirit and you have understanding that gives you deepe...