Friday, October 10, 2008

Baptized In His Love

I have been studying the scriptures lately about God's Love, and I want to thank my friend Jim at Journaling For Growth and also my friend Larry at
Night Writing in the Morning Light because they both have been writing about God's love and loving others and this has been an inspiration for me to write something of God's Love as well. So I want to say thank you Jim and Larry for being an inspiration of the Love of God and how we are to love one another.

To walk out God's plan for us in our life and to be an honorable vessel for His use and Glory we must know who we are in Christ and before we can know who we are in Christ we must know that we are loved passionately and desperately by our Creator. In John 17:26 Jesus is praying for us to the Father and He is asking the Father to bestow upon us the same love that the Father bestowed upon Him and that we might know His love in our hearts and that Jesus Christ Himself may be in us.

Listen to what the Word of God says in (Eph. 3: 16-19) about the Love of Christ,

v. 16 May He grant you out of the rich treasury of His glory to be strengthened and reinforced with mighty power in the inner man by the [Holy] Spirit [Himself indwelling your innermost being and personality].

v. 17 May Christ through your faith [actually] dwell (settle down, abide, make His permanent home) in your hearts! may you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love,

v. 18 That you may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints [God's devoted people, the experience of that love] what is the breadth and length and height and depth [of it];

v. 19 [That you may really come] to know [practically, through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge [without experience]; that you may be filled [through all your being] unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]!

As I was studying these scriptures the title of this post came to me, "Baptized In His Love." Have we been immersed, saturated/permeated with the Love of God? Does His love indwell in our innermost being? His Love in us is the richest measure of His divine Presence and with this we become a body wholly FILLED and FLOODED with God Himself. WOW! I had to shout Hallelujah there. We must know that WE are loved as to be filled, flooded/baptized in Christ's Love before we can truly love Him. (1Jn. 4:19 AMP) We love Him because He first loved us. Now, we can pour out of ourselves His love unto others.

God's love is foreign to our natural man because it is a perfect love, there is no fear in this love. If we live in the flesh and not in the spirit we will resist His love. Those who live in the flesh will resist the Gospel and the teachings of Christ Jesus. They will shut their ears to his teachings because they cannot bear to listen to His message. (1 Jn. 4:6b AMP) And he who is not of God does not listen or pay attention to us. By this we know (recognize) the Spirit of Truth and the spirit of error. There is no love in them for the Word of God because they have resisted the love of God to dwell and come to make it's abode in their hearts, therefore they have no love for others. (1 Jn. 4:8 AMP) He who does not love has not become acquainted with God [does not and never did know Him], for God is love.

Those who deny their flesh and the lusts thereof and live in the spirit will receive the love of God and the Words of Christ with Joy. They will welcome the cleansing waves of His Love. They will abandon themselves to the peace of His perfect love. They will have no fear because they welcome His love to come and penetrate the darkness and silence the winds and the storms of life. Stillness comes and they will rest in His perfect love as it washes and fills every crevice of their being. In this welcoming surrender is the moment that we can begin to understand the breadth, length, height and depth of His Love so as to walk in the fullness of God! (1 Jn. 4:16b AMP) God is love, and he who dwells and continues in love dwells and continues in God, and God dwells and continues in him.

Baptize us with Your Love Lord!

19 comments:

jeleasure said...

Tamela,
My wife and I just read this blog article, together.
You are close to the Lord. This is something I appreciate in people. Also, I want you to know that your writing has improved very much since I first began reading your blog. Not that you were ever a bad writer. No. But, that you have been cultivating your craft.
As I read the last part of your entry, here, I thought of two people: My friend Dan, and friend Tessa. I may be a very large obsticle for them. But, I want them to come to a full understanding of how to appreciate what God has offered them. Thanks for mentioning Larry and myself. Thank you for writing this article.
Jim

Lori Laws said...

Tamela

Great post, and since her picture is right next to this, I must say that Baby Madisyn is the sweetest little thing! Is she your grandaughter?

The love of God...how can I express
how perfect it is. Perfect? How about awesomely perfect!?

BTW, you picked a really great picture to go along with your great title ~ it's a God thing.

IJ Hanna Lucky said...

What a great Post sis Tamela, I loved your reminding us that . . . "God's love is foreign to our natural man" so true
Great post

Godbless you all

Robin said...

Hey, I am sorry I haven't been around. God is really working in me. I am about to post some of His glory in my life. So hope you can stop by again. He's so Amazing! Thanks for being a great friend :)

Anonymous said...

I love your post about God's love! We're heading to Florida this morning, so I thought I'd leave a quick note before we go. I hope you have a blessed day!

penlighted said...

Thank you for stopping by...

I really enjoyed the pictures you had posted...You have a great family.

GOd's love is the best! He is truly amazing. He made me satisfied of what I have because having Him in my life seems I already have everything.

Robin said...

It's such a wonderful thing to be baptised in The Love of Jesus!! I know that I can truely do all things through my God. Thanks for reminding me of this. Blessings!

Gigi said...

Ahhh - I love it! I just close my eyes and meditate on the title of your post...Baptized in His love. Does it get any better? Thank you Tamela - wonderful post!

Greg said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Tamela. Man, when Jim says he'll get the word out, he really does! What a precious circle of fellow Christians the Lord has led me to!

I read some of your recent posts and was very touched by your deep insight. Have you ever considered writing a book? :)

I think my wife would enjoy your blog, too!

nitewrit said...

Tamela,

Thank you for your kind words and your mentioning Jim and I. When it comes to your talking about your love of the Lord, I don't think you really need us to inspire you, but thank you anyway. I gather a lot of inspiration from you and his Blogs myself. (In fact, I think my next post will take off from Jim's last post on "Goats'. It'll be a more personal post.)

I'd appreciate your prayers, because I decided to write on some of the "tuff stuff" in Scripture. These are the things that I use to question. Pray I say the right things, because some of this may be controversial to some. God tells us all scripture is valuable for inspiration and learning. Some times it is difficult for people to see how, but it is.

Keep on with your uplifting and encouraging posts. That is what we Christians need to give each other. I think we will need to do so more in the years ahead.

Larry

Tracy said...

What a wonderful post about God's love. I would be so lost without it and am go grateful for it, though I find it hard to conceive sometimes. Thanks for another great post!

I have a Blog Award for you over at my blog, so stop by when you have a chance! Blessings, friend!

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Well, I feel blessed and loved by God tonight, in that the Conservatives won a minority government, almost a majority.

Half seriously I state the longer the Conservatives stay in power the longer I should not have to worry about having Biblical Christianity become illegal.;)

Gi said...

"For God so loved the world that he gave".

That is truly what love is all about. Oh that we would all catch the vision of His love.

Thank you, you are an inspiration

jeleasure said...

Gi,
What is God's vision, that we should catch it?

Tamela, Sorry to hijack your message board. I just want to take the opportunity to ask for a deeper meaning. That it may be meaningful to all who have read it.

I do not mean to be sarcastic. However, there is a deeper more final answer for what God's vision is. The answer is what is at the core of the Bible's message. Let's have it.

Anyone else want to answer?

Gi said...

He loves you - that is all. No if's, no but's, just love. Is this not what true love is? He gave his all for you, and He will continue to give all. For He can do nothing else. "For God so loved the world that He gave." Understand that He will always love you, and He will always want to give to you. He will always give of the best He has. Anything less would not be pure love.

Am I clearer?

The core of the bible message is love.

jeleasure said...

Gi,
Yes, you are 'clear er'. There is more. It is the "New Command", "The Royal Law" and "The Fullfillment of the Law".
The core message of the Bible is love. Can I just ask you to consider the three quotes above?
Jim
I wrote about it in This Seven Chapter Manuscript .
Tamela, again, thank you for allowing me to hijack your message board.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I just realized that my post today is similar to your post. I didn't even realize it until I read your post a second time. Its awesome when God teaches many people the same thing at the same time!

Robin said...

Thanks for comming by again. God Bless! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Robin

Farrah said...

I was also moved to write on love not all that long ago. I feel that it is the most important quality of a true Christian, to possess a deep and passionate love for Jesus, which will result in a real love for others. My Lord is truly worthy of that love!!

Light breaking forth!

Have you ever been studying God's Word and suddenly there is a quickening in your spirit and you have understanding that gives you deepe...