Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Knowing Him Is Eternal

My Daughter bought me a book titled, "Moments of Peace for the Morning" for my birthday. I wanted to share what I read this morning. It ministered to me and I hope it will minister to you as well.

This is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. (John 17:3 ESV).
There will be times in your life when your only source of comfort will be God. It will be through worship, prayer, and Bible study that you gain the energy, wisdom, and hope to make it through the day.
This is not a trial, this is the goal-to need no earthly encouragement because God has become everything to you. Your comfort, peace, and joy all come from God. It is during these times that God replaces your earthly nature with a love and longing for the eternal.
Rejoice, God is preparing you for eternal life by changing your perspective and helping you to know him better.
Build yourselves up in your most holy faith; pray in the Holy Spirit; keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life. (Jude 1:20-21 ESV).
I thank you, Father, that learning about you today is about loving you in countless tomorrows, I love you and praise your wonderful name. In Jesus name Amen!

9 comments:

Tracy said...

I am so grateful for the comfort and encouragement He gives me. There are times when only He will suffice. His Word, love, comfort, the Holy Spirit - I need it all. Bless you!

nitewrit said...

Tamela,

Thank you for sharing.

Larry

Lori Laws said...

That is a great book! This did minister to me...deep down inside, my spirit knows that my ONLY comfort is God. He's my Jehovah Jireh (my provider). I know so well that the joy of the Lord is my strength! He is my everything, and it sometimes takes someone to be taken to the end of themselves to realize this.
Thank you for this incredible truth:) God bless you Tamela!!

Anonymous said...

I learn each and everyday that God is the only one whom I can trust. He is the source of my strength, comfort and joy. He is my peace. He is my deliverer. He is my restorer. He is my provider. God is my everything. Thank you for posting this. It was an inspiration and reminder of just how much God means to me. Blessings!

jeleasure said...

Hi Tamela,
That is a nice gift to receive. The devotional reading seems short and to the point without cutting corners that rob the effect of the reading. Very nice.

Gigi said...

I'll join you in that Amen!! What a wonderful gift!

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

The eternal God provides those in Christ with everlasting life.

Day to day can be difficult, but I ask the Lord that I will not waste one day.

Thanks, Tamela. You know I had never heard the name Tamela until I came to this blog, but the name makes sense.

Russ:)

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Thanks for the blog comment, Tammy.

I appreciate the dedication to God/Christ you demonstrate in your research, writing and kind dealings with others.

Russ:)

Jeff said...

It will be through worship, prayer, and Bible study that you gain the energy, wisdom, and hope to make it through the day.

That has been the case with me many times.

Light breaking forth!

Have you ever been studying God's Word and suddenly there is a quickening in your spirit and you have understanding that gives you deepe...