Monday, September 29, 2008

Is it the Truth or is it a lie?

My heart is broken, because the enemy has came in like a thief and taken captive one of our own. But alas sadly it was this person's choice. I just got word yesterday that Ray Boltz has “came out.” When I first read about this I had a lot of mixed emotions. At first I felt my heart sink to the pit of my stomach. Then I got angry with righteous indignation because of the lies of the enemy and those who turn their backs on what they know is God's Truth and begin living a life that is in direct rebellion of God.

These people know the Truth and the good news of Jesus Christ and they have even ministered to others. At one time they gave their lives to the Lord to be used by Him, and they even took part in making a difference in the lives of others by being a blessing of God’s Word in music and song. Now they say they have been living a lie! And what do they do? They walk away from what they know is the Truth and begin living a lie. See, they got it all backwards. They will say they have lived a lie when all the while they were actually living the Truth, because they were denying the lust of the flesh and walking in the power of the Spirit. They will say their sinful lifestyle feels right and because it feels right this must be how God created me. The Word of God says that we are to mortify the sinful deeds of our flesh.

Which will we yield to, the flesh/lies or the Spirit/Truth? Sadly most will yield to the lies because it makes the flesh feel comforted. Thus, people are making their own flesh their god, instead of the Creator their God. Look at what the Word of God says in (Rom. 1:24-28 AMP) Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their [own] hearts to sexual impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves [abandoning them to the degrading power of sin], Because they exchanged the truth of God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, Who is blessed forever! Amen. For this reason God gave them over and abandoned them to vile affections and degrading passions. For their women exchanged their natural function for an unnatural and abnormal one, And the men also turned from natural relations with women and were set ablaze (burning out, consumed) with lust for one another-men committing shameful acts with men and suffering in their own bodies and personalities the inevitable consequences and penalty of their wrong-doing and going astray, which was [their] fitting retribution. And so, since they did not see fit to acknowledge God or approve of Him or consider Him worth the knowing, God gave them over to a base and condemned mind to do things not proper or decent but loathsome.

When I first read this about Ray Boltz I thought to myself, “now that he has decided to rebel against God’s Truth and give in to the lusts of his sinful flesh, how many babes in Christ who hear his statements will be lead astray, because they are still in need of some guidance?” Some may think to themselves, “Well, if Ray Boltz (of all people) has come to the conclusion that he has lived a lie, then maybe it’s okay for me to draw this same conclusion for my own life,” God forbid! I pray that this does not happen. I pray that the people of God will realize that denying the flesh is living the Truth and not the lie.

When we are negligent in our spiritual walk the enemy can creep in with thoughts to drive us further from the Truth. I heard a minister once say, “The higher we go in Christ, the things of this world/flesh will fall away.” The thing’s of the world/flesh does not like Spiritual altitude. The flesh wants us to stay on the world's plane. This is because it cannot understand the things of the Spirit, and when we go skyward they have to fall away. When we neglect our spiritual life, STINKIN THINKIN will quickly become the norm in our life.

There is a song by Rich Mullins. It's a beautiful song titled, “My Deliverer is Standing By”. This song tells us that Jesus is coming and he is standing by. You see it is never too late. The Lord’s arm is still out stretched to all those who stray from the Truth. Yes the Lord is a God of Love but also a God of Truth. Pray earnestly that all may come to the knowledge of the Truth, and be brought back to the narrow way.

If you want to read about Ray Boltz's coming out statement you can go to this Link: http://www.washingtonblade.com/2008/9-12/arts/feature/13258.cfm

12 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh, Tamela! I too am shocked and dismayed by this news (which I just read here). And I completely agree with you about new Christians. So, so sad...

nitewrit said...

I almost don't know what to say. I certainly don't believe a homosexual is any more or less a sinner than any other sinner, that a gay person is beyond salvation, or as Ray Boltz said, any less loved by God. His long deception to his family is bad, but also a sin that could be forgiven. The difference is whether one is embracing their sin, or confessing it. It is not so much the person saying he is homosexual, as how it is than handled and what behavior follows. What is bothersome is him saying about the first time he was with a man, which implies there were others, and that he will lead a normal gay life.

I don't know if you have ever looked at links I have on my site under Reflections of Ron. Ron was my best friend from third grade on. We were close as twin brothers. He was to be Best man at my wedding, but was in the Army and couldn't make it.

I was very devastated a couple years later, when he came home from the service, and told my wife and me he was gay. It was not a spiritual problem to me then, because I was not Christian at the time. It was the shock and deception. Then I was concerned for him. I thought some one had simply led him into something he wasn't and he would be harmed, beat up, blackmailed. He did not take kindly to my concerns and we only kept in touch by Christmas cards for many years.

My mother actually brought us back together a decade ago when I was forced out of my job. He and I do have many interest in common and we could always talk to each other. However, we have three big areas of disagreement: politics, religion and lifestyle.

His statements to me are almost identical to what this singer says in his coming out statement. he claims his life is no different than mine, except for being gay. He has had the same partner for 45 years, almost as long as my wife and I have been married. He has told me there is no difference here either, it is just a normal marriage, a normal life.

But it is not, it is far from what my wife and I have and how we live. He has told me many things involving sexual encounters and behavior with others of both he and his partner over those 45 years. It is far from what God would approve of is all I can say here.

I pray for him, and for his partner, all the time. He has another old friend of us both, who also remains friends with him and who talks to him often about God's word and the need for salvation. Ron says he believes in God, but it is a god with a small g.

You know, I never dropped a friend from my life. I had many friends who dropped me when I became a Christian. Ron was an old, old very close friend who came back into my life after I was a Christian. Perhaps that is reason to hope for him. He reads my blog faithfully. I will continue to pray, as I do for all who are on the wrong path. I'd was on the wrong path once myself. I think someone was praying for me and I found the right path. So I would give up on my friend.

IJ Hanna Lucky said...

Yes Sis it is the truth! it is really sad it happend over two weeks ago but I didn't have the Courage to post it cos I was so sad and worried at the trend of thses men of God and beleive me it is even worse than you think
Gid knows His own that is my point till tomorrow.

Godbless

Tikno said...

Interesting post! It make me thinking while reading this.

jeleasure said...

Hey Tamela.
I had not heard about Ray Boltz. However, I carrie around this idea that many people we may feel are real Christians are not. I continue to return to the statistic given by American Family Association four or five months ago. That statistic says "only six percent of all people who call themselves Christians, truly understand the core message of the Bible".
This is exactly why I wrote "Love One Another" .
I feel the church is doing a very poor job in bringing the core message of the Bible to the human family. Especially those doctrines that fail to preach the importance of love. Those persons who belong to this type of doctrine walk around believing that they do not have to practice the royal law of love because,
after all, they are saved and will go to Heaven when they die. This attitude does not bring any real significance to a person's life. Change becomes relative to the believer's will to change. The promise of salvation in christ is to be rescued from having to face judgement under the law and that we may live according to the Royal Law of Love for we are a royal family. Remember? A peculiar people!
People need to get their heads out of the sand and begin to get serious about understanding exactly what their salvation is saving them from. And, they need to seek after what is most important to God. What is the foremost reason God permitted the death of His son for? It is that we may be His family. But, this becomes lost in the preaching of salvation gets us to Heaven. Jesus very clearly tells us in Matthew 25:31- that our faith in him and our interpersonal relationships among one another are what make our relationship whith God possible. Without, both, there can not be a relationship with God. So, people begin to understand their salvation as a ticket to Heaven and it is automatic. Hence, if I believed this automatic entrance into Heaven because I am saved, I would not really have a need to change my life style or how I conduct my affairs among men.

Tamara "Tami" Blue said...

Wow, this news is so very sad! I could not stomach the link, I tried to read through it but ugh... couldn't. I pray that God can find a way back into this mans heart, mind and soul.

Your words are right on though and cause me to think on some (most) of my family members who are living in darkness.

Really makes me think/feel we need to ramp up our prayers of intercession in these days because the two spiritual realms are heating up. The enemy is scared and intensifying his game.

God bless you for speaking out and proclaiming God's truth!

Lori Laws said...

Good post Tamela!
You said this very well..."When we are negligent of our spirit life then the enemy can creep in with thoughts to drive us further from the Truth." Preach it girl!
God bless!!

Gigi said...

Sad how we try to justify sin, isn't it?

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Hi, Tammy.

I had read about Ray Boltz on-line and he was mentioned on Satire and Theology in comments.

In too many liberal type churches today, especially, aspects of the sin nature of persons and the resulting sinful actions are viewed as natural.

That is half-truth, as many of the aspects of the nature and resulting choices are natural in the context of fallen human nature and sinful choices.

The Lord through the atoning and resurrection work of Christ will ultimately purify believers in order to have a restored nature and no sin, and therefore sin nature and sinful choices are not to be accepted as okay and good within a Christian context.

I have a mass blog list in my latest article.

Russ:)

Anonymous said...

I also have close friends who are admitted Lesbians and Homosexuals. I find a struggle within myself sometimes on whether I should remain friends with them. They know I am Christian and that I love the Lord. This is not a hidden secret as I profess and proclaim my faith to all. It does not bother them, in fact we often talk about God. They know God loves them, but He does not like their lifestyle. I have been friends with them for a long time and I love them. I do not preach to them nor do I judge them. I accept them for who they are and I pray for their salvation daily as I can not change their lifestyle, only God can change them. All I can do is pray and let God work within them. Homosexuality is a real problem within this country. Yet we are to love one another. I don't agree with either lifestyle choice, nor do I condone it, but they are God's children as well. Many do not agree with me, but I can not find it in my heart to hate them nor remove them from my life. God is not a God of hate. He is a God of love. I know somewhere deep down inside they know what they are doing is wrong. They just do not know how to correct the problem. We can't change people, only God can. All we can simply do is pray. For those who don't agree with me, I am sorry, but this is how I feel.

Blessings to you Tamela!

Jeff said...

Tamela,

I was shocked by the news about Ray Boltz as well, especially since a couple of his songs were so great.

At first I was thinking that he must never have been a true Christian in the first place, but someone told me that, though we can and should and must judge sin, we cannot judge a person's heart.

However, this does serve as a sober reminder that, even though Christians are saved from Hell, their 'good' works will be tested by fire, and those that were done truly for the sake of Christ will survive, and only for those surviving things will the Christian obtain a crown or rewards. Therefore, we must be sober, be vigilant, and be walking close to Christ, and obeying Him, so that we will not lose our crowns and be ashamed as we stand before Christ. Though the Christian does not need fear Hell, they still may be ashamed, I think, when standing before Christ, if their life was not lived fully for Him. Yes, He will wipe away all our tears, but how much better to have lived a life that truly glorifies Him.

As for Ray Boltz, only the Lord knows what is in store for him. We can only pray for him. I don't know whether he is a rebellious Christian, or an unsaved religious person (who was brought up in a church and is simply very familiar with all the 'Christianeze' language). Whichever is the case, he is definitely following the way of sin.

LoCTY said...

I am still slowly dealing with the coming out of Ray Boltz and Cliff Richard. By the way good balanced post here. I also have been blessed with ministering to homo-sexuals, it is one of the most difficult ministries for me ever.It is not a fully fledged ministry it just happens from time to time as God calls me. All I can say is that it is only His Holy Spirit that can change anyone. I have seen so many people who appear to change their ways and lifestyles but that soon comes crashing down because it is only an outward show. As has been stated here only God knows what is truly in a persons heart. There is oftentimes so much I want to say about this topic but His Holy Spirit just keeps me quiet to watch, pray, wait,show love,grace,mercy,gentleness,kindness.
For Ray and Cliff I place them at the foot of cross and that will give me peace.
LoCTY!!!

Light breaking forth!

Have you ever been studying God's Word and suddenly there is a quickening in your spirit and you have understanding that gives you deepe...