Sunday, September 21, 2008

Troubled Heart???


(John 14:27b) Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Wow, have you seen how the economy has spiraled out of control? How about the banking system, or the housing market? There is a whole plethora of things that are going south. How about the upcoming election. He said, she said, what a mess. And the mess in some of the churches today. Crazy. We can get so spun around it's dizzying. Can someone please tell me which way is north? So I can get the true bearings?




President Roosevelt once in his inaugural speech,"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." It seems in these days and times there is a whole lot of fear going around. At times we can feel like Peter. We are out of the boat. We are supposed to have our eyes on Jesus, but alas the things of this life rise up to steal our attention. The wind and the waves and the depths begin to call to us. We turn to look at these things that we feel are important. These situations are fleeting at best. Thinking "we" can fix this, only to become frustrated. This can only destroy our joy and peace.



You see the word gives us our bearings for truth. Jesus said I am the way, the truth and the life. We can look unto Jesus, who is the author and finisher of our faith. Yes, I can hear some of you. You do need to get up and begin walking out what you know is the truth. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Jesus has called us to three things. 1. Believe His word. 2. Trust He will do what he says He will do. 3. By faith we walk it out.
Jesus said I will be with you forever even till the end of the world. Believe it, Trust it and by Faith walk it out. We need not look at these temporal things because soon enough they will be gone and it will be only you and Jesus. Rejoice, we have overcome by the blood of the lamb and the word of our testimony.


I looked at my compass and seen the needle point to what I thought was true north, but................................ this is magnectic north not true north.

Jesus is our compass and He will point us to true north.
He shall lead us to our true home. These times are a time to rejoice because we shall see the power, glory and love of God in our lives. Glory to the lamb of God!
                                                                                                                Joe Greenwell

8 comments:

nitewrit said...

Luke 12:30For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.

31But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

32Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

33Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

34For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

It is well to remember where our real treasure lies in these times. I am certainly glad I learned the truth and in whom I trust. If it weren't for the faith I have in God's promises, I would certainly have a trouble heart. We need to pray for those people who put their faith in their pocketbooks.

Keep writing your encouraging words.

Larry

Tracy said...

Thank you Tamela, for another great and wisdom filled post. There is much encouragement and life in your blog and I so enjoy coming by to read your posts. Blessings!

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

President Roosevelt once in his inaugural speech,"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

There are times in life when I reason the treatment for fear is to face it head on while trusting in God for guidance in faith.

Russ:)

Anonymous said...

Tamela what a writing of truth! I am reminded of this scripture when I was reading your writing: "Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God... I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me" Psalm 56:3. Blessings my friend!

Gigi said...

Thank you for another beautiful post Tamela! I just keep praising my Jesus and He provides me all the peace I need, even in the midst of chaos.

IJ Hanna Lucky said...

Amen Sis we will not let our hearts be troubled!!!

You are Always an encourager
Godbless

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your post! I have to keep reminding myself to look only to Him in all of this crazy chaos around us! We're perfectly safe in Him. Bless you!

Robin said...

Wow I love your blog, I'm gonna have to add you, just have to fiugre out to which one of my 3 blog rolls, lol. I thought I'd make your day and follow you too. Hope you find interest in one of my blogs and would like to follow me as well. God bless and hope you have a nice day.

Light breaking forth!

Have you ever been studying God's Word and suddenly there is a quickening in your spirit and you have understanding that gives you deepe...