Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hope always shines through

Despite everything that might be going on in the world or even your own personal life don't give up hope. You may be looking at your situation and it seems to be as big as a mountain standing before you. But I am hear to say that hope always shines through the most darkest of storms. Don't forget what Jesus promised you, He said, "I will never leave you or forsake you." The Word of God also says, "all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose." This is a promised truth that the Lord has given to you. Hold onto it with all of your might and don't let it go. Cling to Him.

There will be times of trouble in our lives but all in all He has made us more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus and we must know that if God is for us who can be against us? And we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.
There will be battles if there are going to be victories. So take heart my brothers and sisters and know that there will be seasons when He will cause you to lie down in green pastures and He will lead you beside still waters and restore your soul. God can give you His supernatural comfort and encouragement and His grace in these times of trouble. Through it all lean upon Him and trust Him for it.

At these crucial times in our lives it is so very important that we listen to the voice of Truth and not the voice of lies. Listen to the voice of Truth straight from the Word of God;

"You may be troubled on every side, yet not distressed, you may be perplexed, yet not in despair; you may be persecuted, but not forsaken; you may be cast down, but not destroyed; always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh." (2 Cor. 4:8-11).

During these troublesome seasons in our life this is our opportunity to come to know Christ more intimately by being still and knowing that He is God and listening to His voice of Truth. Allow His Truth and Love to take precedence in your heart and make it's abode there.

Truth and Love have even a greater name which is above all names and that name is Jesus. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life and no man can come to the Father except through Him.

Our Good Shepherd knows us better than anyone else. He calls you by name, He knows your person/heart, He knows you intimately. When our Good Shepherd speaks may we listen and hear and know that we are His and nothing will separate us from His Love, and we can continue to always place our hopes in Him for our lives.

10 comments:

nitewrit said...

There are a couple of things that should help sustain us through those times of trouble and to understand why God keeps his promise to give us rest. We have an awesome God who not only created us, but put himself in our shoes, suffered our sins and died for us. He understands his creation from both sides and when He arose from the tomb showed he would always be with us.

The other thing that is sustaining is he has told us how this world will end. He didn't just tell us the beginning, but has let us know that things will grow worse on this earth under its bondage to sin, but the final end will be a happy one for those who have put on His yoke.

Thank you for your constant words of encouragement/

Larry

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

The hope for me is in my eventual resurrection and citizenship in a perfected culminated Kingdom, through Christ.

The hope is also that in this life, although God is not my buddy in a human sense, he works for the good in my life (Romans 8). Therefore, although I hate suffering, I reason if I can be obedient in Christ (not perfectly) my suffering is of God and not necessarily because of my wrong doing, which God can also will and allow.

Thanks, Tamela.

Lori Laws said...

Wonderful post...full of wisdom. I really needed this encouragement at this very moment, so...thanks:)

I'm glad you found me at my blog. You have a great blog too. I really love the picture on your header. Just wanted to say hi, as I will be reading your older posts and visiting often. God bless you!!

Gigi said...

Thank you Lord, for putting Tamela in my path today...when You knew I needed her words! And thank you Tamela for this post and the encouragement it brought me tonight...

jeleasure said...

Tamela,
I feel your post was written for me to read. I just came out of a bad time with my thyroid dipping low and I nor my wife noticed the symptoms until I began being intolerable and not sleeping. I'm back to being balanced again.
Thanks for checking in on me. I saw your blog address show up many times in my site meter.

Tracy said...

What a wonderful post. Thank you for reminding us that we all go through difficult times, but with God we can not only get through these tough times, but can make it through thriving and victorious. Great wisdom here, thanks for sharing. And thank you for visiting my blog! :) Blessings!

Tamara "Tami" Blue said...

Beautifully worded! This is a must share for a dear friend of mine right now. Thank you for sharing the Lord's heart for all of us! God bless your day BEAUTIFULLY as you are beautiful :^)

Anonymous said...

I take comfort in knowing that every temptation, all the pains and sufferings I go through, Jesus has gone through, defeated and made it through. This is my comfort, my joy, my strength and my reason for living. Blessings and wonderful writing. It brought me to tears because I know that my Savior lives and I can overcome anything in this world.

IJ Hanna Lucky said...

Godbless You Sis Tamela, you are an encourager. Godbless you for this post we all really need It

Tracy said...

Oh Tamela, what an encouraging word. I thank God regularly for the comfort He gives me in times of trouble and for the times rest He gives me too. Thanks for sharing this. Blessings!

Light breaking forth!

Have you ever been studying God's Word and suddenly there is a quickening in your spirit and you have understanding that gives you deepe...