Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tenacity will take you up and over

Have you ever thought that tenacity, strategy, determination, ingenuity, thinking outside the box could be characteristics that are very appealing to the Lord. In fact could this be so pleasing to the Lord that He could possibly say, "My child since you have shown me your heart of tenacity and ingenuity in thinking outside of the box and beyond the normal/natural scope of things and have shown a sense of determination I am going to grant to you the desires of your heart."


I was thinking about this the other day after reading about Christ Jesus healing the man with palsy in (Luke 5:18-25) And, behold, men brought in a bed a man which was taken with a palsy: and they sought means to bring him in, and to lay him before him. And when they could not find by what way they might bring him in because of the multitude, they went upon the housetop, and let him down through the tiling with his couch into the midst before Jesus. And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.

Did You catch that? When Jesus saw their faith He said, "Man, thy sins are forgiven thee." The men showed their trust and confidence in Jesus by being ingeniously determined to get their friend to Him. The men did what they felt they had to do for their friend and then Jesus took it from there.

Have you heard the old saying, "There's more than one way to skin a cat?" No offense cat lovers, I love cats myself, so don't get your panties in a tuft. These men were determined to come up with a strategic way to get their friend to Jesus so that he could be healed and they were dramatically successful in their conquest. Because of their faith and ingenuity, this man so far, has been spiritually healed (his sins have been forgiven).

We must go a little further because this man's physical healing is about to be granted by Christ Jesus as well. And the Scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone? But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, he answering said unto them, What reason ye in your hearts? Whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Rise up and walk?

But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins, (he said unto the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up they couch, and go into thine house. And immediately he rose up before them, and took up that wheron he lay, and departed to his house, glorifying God.

Isn't Jesus cool? The Son of man (Jesus Christ) has not only the power upon earth to forgive sins which is spiritual but He also has the power upon earth to heal the body which of course is physical. I can just see the Scribes and Pharisees now, standing there with their mouths agape in total amazement and perplexity.

This story was a subtle reminder to me by the Holy Spirit that we can possibly stop short of seeing the physical miracles in our lives because we limit our vision of hope. We can look at circumstances as hopeless and get tunnel vision which then causes us to lose our faith/determination and thus we can overlook the one possible way that will birth a miracle. The men had hopes that if they couldn't get their friend through the crowd then they would go over the crowd. They were tenacious, determined and strategic. I can just see Jesus smiling as if to say, "That's my boys! and I am so proud of them for showing so much determination in their quest to get to me and having confidence in me."
If it seems as though it is impossible to get to Jesus because circumstances are blocking the way ,then we must look up and go over them. Circumstances should never stop us from our pursuit and appointed destination which is Jesus. Jesus is our Hope and He is our Answer both now and forever!

May we all be honest with ourselves and ask this question, "Am I looking up and going over the circumstances in life and trusting in Jesus or have I stopped short by looking at the overwhelming crowds of circumstances in front of me and think that all is hopeless?

8 comments:

Lori Laws said...

Love this post Tamela, the "tenacity" thing really speaks to me, especially looking around and above our circumstances...to get directly in front of Jesus. Great post! God bless you!

Gigi said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have cried so many tears today...hopeless is how I felt. Praise God for your words to me tonight! {{BIG HUGS}} to you Tamela!!

Robin said...

Good Morning. Just wanted to let you know that I gave you a blog award. Go to my mom blog: robin and olivia to grab it and get the rules. Your blog is wonderful and helps me to keep strong in my daily walk, so glad to have found you. God bless and hope to get to know you more here around the blogging world.

Tracy said...

Great word, Tamela! There's a ton of wisdom contained here. It is so easy to be overwhelmed by circumstances, but our Jesus is greater than any circumstance. And you're right, our faith in Jesus and our tenacity to cling to Him will get us through, around or over, any circumstance, valley, storm or mountain we may face. Praise God!

IJ Hanna Lucky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
IJ Hanna Lucky said...

"Am I looking up and going over the circumstances in life and trusting in Jesus . . . WHAT A QUESTION? Yes I am and I will continue to press on in Jesus Mighty Name Amen

I love this and thanks for asking after me Godbless you very much in Jesus Mighty NAMe AMen

Tikno said...

First time visit, I see many nice posts here also lovely picture that make me smile. Great post!

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Have you heard the old saying, "There's more than one way to skin a cat?" No offense cat lovers, I love cats myself, so don't get your panties in a tuft.

I loved my old cat, and used to mention that statement. He was never offended.;)

Circumstances should never stop us from our pursuit and appointed destination which is Jesus. Jesus is our Hope and He is our Answer both now and forever!

It is God's sovereign will in what he provides. Christ healed some, and did not heal others. In those days and now we are to seek Christ first and hope for other related blessings.

Happy Sunday, Tammy.

Russ:)

Light breaking forth!

Have you ever been studying God's Word and suddenly there is a quickening in your spirit and you have understanding that gives you deepe...