Tuesday, September 2, 2008

His peaceful freedom!


Life can be hard and very cruel at times. But we can take heart and know that God does care about our trust and peace remaining in Him in the midst of the storm.

With God's peace in our lives comes ultimate freedom. Peace of mind, a sound mind, and contentment; this is the BIG one people. Without His peace in our lives we would be totally miserable and in constant turmoil. (Is. 26:3 KJV) Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

The word perfect in this scripture means complete. No matter what has happened or what is happening or what might happen you can have complete peace. Why? Because you have placed your trust in the Lord. Now this is true FREEDOM. The battle that might be raging in your thoughts or in your life right now needs to be told to BE STILL.

Ask yourself; am I trusting God with this or not? Obtaining peace is simply trusting God. Are we going to trust God or lean upon our own understanding of things? This is our decision, we have been given a free will by God to make the choice to trust Him or not. This takes a renewing of our mind which will then bring about a transformation.

Here is what the Word of God says; (Rom. 12:2 Amp.) Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].

Let go and abandon yourself to God so that you can experience His peaceful freedom in your life. The world around you might look bleak, but you can have peace and be free despite it when you make the decision to trust the Lord in and for your life.

8 comments:

Christinewjc said...

I love the fact that Jesus tells us that he gives us peace "not as the world giveth". This informs us that His kind of peace is spiritual and eternal!

The world cannot give us this type of peace.

We may, occasionally, experience temporary peaceful moments in this physical world. But there is always another "hurricane" around the corner!

But the Lord's kind of peace "surpasses all understanding."

Phl 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

When we take these verses together, we discover that we can trust God's promises. Many of the promises (and prophecies) of God have already been fulfilled by Jesus Christ. We can trust God to fulfill all of the rest! This is a reasonable faith!

The fear (reverence) of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom!

Psa 111:10 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do [his commandments]: his praise endureth for ever.

We don't know everything, but what God has revealed to us in the Person of Jesus Christ and His written Word, the Bible, is enough for us to have complete confidence and faith in Him!

Pro 4:7 Wisdom [is] the principal thing; [therefore] get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Thank you for this uplifting post, Tamela!

God bless your day!
Christine

Gigi said...

Thank you Tamela...I needed your words today! God bless you! And thank you Lord for putting this sister in my path today...

nitewrit said...

I always need someone to remind me of this. This is something I have a problem with doing sometimes. Because of my early life situation, I have always been independent and depend on myself much to often. I am always assuring others if they turn it over to God, they will be all right, then I have a problem and I try to solve it all on my own until I'm tangled up in my own effort and then I finally go to the quiet place and turn it over.

I check your Blog every morning and again every evening just to see what you have to say that will help me stay grounded with my focus looking up and not inward. Thank you.

I have posted my next To Do list Post, but it's a cliff hanger at the end too. I have to keep you coming back.

Larry

jeleasure said...

Hi Tamela,
I want you to know that I printed what you wrote on your blog, today.
I am in the throws of living out a difficult decission I had to make. There is pain and I want it to go away.
So, when the pain gets to me, I am going to read this short post. Just as a temporary diversion. I figure, I will work hard and keep my mind busy. Then, I will read this a few times a night until I have to go to sleep. Eventually, the feelings will come and go in closer intervals with wider times of peace and I will be free.
Jim

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Here is what the Word of God says; (Rom. 12:2 Amp.) Do not be conformed to this world...

This concept is difficult to follow without a very close walk with Christ. We all fail at times.

The modern church on many levels misses this concept.

Christians are not to be worldly, but to be transformed with a renewed mind in the will of God.

Thanks, Tammy.

Anonymous said...

Peace from the Alimighty Prince of Peace is the best peace in the world! When you truly experience the peace which only comes from God you can whether all that life throws at you. I love the peace of Christ which flows through my mind, body, soul, spirit and heart. It is a peace which is simply unexplainable until you experience it for yourself. Praise His mighty name! AMEN!

IJ Hanna Lucky said...

So true! this what what I was discussing with my husband that Life is hard especially when you give your whole life over and not take the easy way out of things which is the way of the world but when you decide that Gods way is your way trust me things will become a little tough but there is always the Saving Grace of God that He will rescue you from distress. . . and laughter will be your portion in Jesus Mighty Name Amen

I always love your posts thank God for your life Tamela

IJ Hanna Lucky said...

Hi Sis Tamela Please when you are free do drop by my blog for an award

Godbless

Light breaking forth!

Have you ever been studying God's Word and suddenly there is a quickening in your spirit and you have understanding that gives you deepe...